Expanding the breasts is a common cosmetic treatment that has helped a huge number of people get the breasts they want. When people are thinking about getting breast implants, picking the right type is one of the most important decisions they have to make. At Smith Plastic Surgery, we understand the importance of this decision and are here to provide you with a comprehensive guide to help you make an informed choice.
This piece will talk about the different kinds of breast implants, such as gummy bears, saline, and silicone implants. We will discuss the unique characteristics, advantages, and potential drawbacks of each implant type, ensuring you have the knowledge needed to make the best decision for your body and goals.
Saline Breast Implants
A lot of people have chosen saline breast implants for a long time. There is a silicone ring around these devices that is filled with a clean saltwater solution. Some key points to consider about saline implants include:
- Adjustable volume: Saline implants can be filled after placement, allowing for minor adjustments in breast size.
- Smaller incisions: Since saline implants are filled after insertion, smaller incisions are typically required.
- Lower cost: Saline implants tend to be more budget-friendly compared to silicone implants.
- Less natural feel: Some patients report that saline implants feel less natural than silicone.
- Rippling: Saline implants may have a higher risk of visible rippling or wrinkling.
Silicone Breast Implants
A silicone gel that sticks to the implants and feels a lot like real breast fat is used to fill them. These implants have gained popularity for their natural appearance and feel. Key considerations for silicone implants include:
- Natural feel: Silicone implants are often praised for their realistic texture and appearance.
- Reduced rippling: They tend to have a lower risk of visible rippling.
- Various shapes: Silicone implants are available in both round and teardrop shapes to match different aesthetic goals.
- Silent rupture: Detecting a rupture in silicone implants can be challenging without regular MRI screenings.
- Larger incisions: Silicone implants typically require slightly larger incisions than saline implants.
Gummy Bear Breast Implants
These are fairly new to the market for breast implants. They are also called cohesive gel implants or gummy bear implants. The inside of these devices is made of a silicone gel that sticks together very well and doesn’t change shape when cut. Here are some key points about gummy bear implants:
- Natural shape retention: Gummy bear implants are designed to maintain their shape, reducing the risk of implant distortion.
- Durability: The cohesive gel minimizes the risk of leakage or rupture.
- Less visible rippling: They are known for having a lower risk of rippling.
- Firmer feel: Some patients find gummy bear implants to be firmer than other options.
- Cost: Gummy bear implants are often more expensive than other implant types.
Choosing The Right Implant For You
Selecting the right breast implant is a highly individualized decision that should take into account your body type, aesthetic goals, and personal preferences. Here are some factors to consider:
Body Type: Your body’s natural shape and proportions will influence the type of implant that looks most natural on you. A skilled plastic surgeon, like those at Smith Plastic Surgery, can help you make this determination during your consultation.
Desired Outcome: Consider the size and shape you want to achieve. Silicone implants are often favored for a natural look, while saline implants offer more flexibility in size adjustments.
Budget: Your budget may play a role in your choice. Saline implants are generally more affordable, while silicone and gummy bear implants tend to be pricier.
Lifestyle And Activity Level: Think about your lifestyle and how it may impact your implant choice. For instance, gummy bear implants’ durability may be advantageous for individuals with an active lifestyle.
Personal Comfort: Your comfort and confidence in your choice are paramount. Be sure to discuss your concerns and preferences with your surgeon.
It is very important to pick the right kind of breast implant before you have breast enlargement. At Smith Plastic Surgery, we understand the importance of this decision and are committed to guiding you through the process with care and expertise. Our skilled team is here to help you reach your physical goals and boost your confidence, whether you choose saline, silicone, or gummy bear implants.
If you’re considering breast augmentation and want to learn more about your options, please don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with us at Smith Plastic Surgery. We’re dedicated to helping you make the best choice for your unique needs and supporting you throughout your journey to a more confident you.